Goodbye and Hello

 Daisy Sage Douglas

Lily Dawa Dubois

Suffering and joy ebbs and flows in life.

My suffering this week was the death of my beautiful, bouncing baby girl, Daisy Sage, of a sudden attack of canine bloat. It’s too, too painful to share details now. But my little heart, my darling, this miracle, was just over 10 years old when she flew away, like a white-light angel, at 12:30 p.m. on July 7, when her heart suddenly stopped on the operating table. 

Daisy is pictured top, in her favorite spot – where else? – her garden nook. Please, please wait for me, angel.

My joy followed a day later, just yesterday, when my wonderful and amazing husband said he couldn’t watch my grief anymore and brought a new family member home. 

Meet Lily Dawa Dubois, a 9-week-old Goldendoodle, a little girl filled to the brim with the joy of life. I already love her completely. She is pictured here, below Daisy.

I have been crying with sadness and happiness today. It’s an odd feeling to have both emotions battling for the lion’s share of my heart.

Daisy Sage, you are my soul mate for as long as I live. 

Lily, let’s start our journey together.


Thank you, Mother Earth. Namaste.

Popular Posts