Some beach somewhere, there’s a big umbrella casting shade over an empty chair. Palm trees are growing, warm breezes blowing. I see myself there...

Cucumbers are doing OK…

It’s been a strange growing season here in Zone 6. Nothing has really done well, even the cucumbers, which usually thrive in my garden. Tomatoes are late and sporadic. Herbs are doing OK, and the flowers are blooming, although all the rain has encouraged some fungus. The cosmos are beginning to look like they’ve seen better days. I’ll be making pesto this weekend with all the basil, however, and am delighted! I freeze some of my pesto for winter dinners. It’s like opening a can of summer! A gardening friend of mine in Pasadena, California, just messaged that it appears that summer is ending. NOT! Anais, don’t say that! Summer will reign forever!

Popular Posts