New spiral herb garden


The very start of the circular herb garden, side yard, at our new home. The black plastic will stay down until next spring: after that, it comes up and white pebbles will go down. Last night, I transplanted this lavender and lemon balm from the East Windsor garden. Once this gets to a width of about 25 to 30 feet and is established, I think I'll host the first garden tea party here. I'm designing this one a la Carly Simon's spiral herb garden at Martha's Vineyard. Like hers, native rocks will form a spiral emanating from the center: along that path, herbs will be placed. The center will allow a place to sit at a table. The spiral path lets me walk through the circle without trodding on herbs. I just love everything about Carly Simon, including her gardens! Thank you, Mother Earth!

Popular Posts