Happy New Year, Beautiful Radical People!


This will be a short post. This weekend, I’ll be writing my annual end-of-year review of goods and deeds, disappointments and discoveries, setbacks, upticks, and lessons learned. 2017 was a happy year, even with the losses we faced: the death of both my husband’s mother, and our beautiful dog, Buddy. Even now, with a torn meniscus in my left knee, things are good.

This broken meniscus is a consequence of the fact that I haven’t yet accepted that I’m not 14 anymore and I really shouldn’t do things like try to run up walls or jump from roofs. I need to make peace with the reality that my body has limitations as it ages. Meanwhile, I’m starting physical therapy next week (my first time doing PT), and it looks like there will be no skiing this winter. Seeing as though this knee was first injured years ago in a reckless skiing incident, I guess this is righteous karma. I just want to be running again by June.

Aside from ups and downs, I’ll be going over discoveries, personal and practical. I have a list of high-vibe brands and products that I found in 2017, and which I want to recommend.

Among them are Happy Hippie, Pacifica (LOVE their Hawaiian Ruby Guava roll on all-natural scent), Elate cosmetics (packaged in bamboo infused with flower seeds, plant it after you use it!); ECOS brand soaps, Hippie Pits deodorant, and Bach’s flower remedies (especially Rescue Remedy). Also, iHerb is an online grocery that I just ordered from. Great prices on earth-friendly stuff.

I read great books in 2017, and already have a list of books to read in 2018 (including Clarissa Pinkola Estes’ ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’ – can’t wait to start this one).
In 2018, I’m trying Goddess Provisions, another high-vibe, plant-based business that ships out monthly subscription boxes of vegan treats, spiritual interest items, compassionate cosmetics, and more. It’s $33 a month, and I’ve already signed up for my first box in January.

This weekend, in between naps, dog cuddles, husband kisses, chai, high-vibe food, and nursing my knee, I’ll write the full post. I love looking back over the year. Every day is a blessing, an opportunity to grow, and a chance to love someone.

Barbie xo

Popular Posts