Homemade Cumin Edamame Snacks, and a New Pickling Crock for the Homestead


Just check out this bowl of edamame I made by tossing the frozen organic beans in some cumin, berbere, Himalayan pink salt, and sesame seeds, then dehydrating in the oven at about 170 degrees for the afternoon. I've been munching them all day today. Phytoestrogens for the win!

My husband ordered a Keramik German-made fermenting crock for the homestead, and it's scheduled to arrive today. He's interested in making homemade pickles. So, I've ordered two types of pickling cucumber seeds and a large packet of dill seeds from Franchi. Late this summer, we'll start the process. In the meantime, I'm going to make sauerkraut. Homemade, organic, fermented foods? Yes, please.

It was a good, relaxing weekend. Home(stead) renovations are going well. I boxed up more books to give to the library. My husband painted walls and doors and organized the new furniture. 

Our Lily decided it was time to christen the new carpeting, and threw up her breakfast in the living room. This was inevitable. We cleaned it up right away, and there's no stain. My husband was momentarily angry. To me, it was another lesson in impermanence. The essence of the Way is detachment.

All is well.

Barbie xo


Popular Posts