A Great New Sandwich, and More Vegan Makeup Love

Latest delivery from vegan makeup seller Etherealle!

I was feeling pretty lazy when dinnertime rolled around last night, but I was hungry. (I’m pretty much hungry all the time and not happy unless I’m eating something. That’s so sad!) So I improvised and ended up making my new favorite dinner. I piled chopped celery, red onions, pickled beets, black olives, chick peas, and our garden basil and garden on two slabs of really thick, chewy garlic bread, and drizzled it with balsamic vinaigrette.

It was crunchy and chewy, sweet from the beets, tart from the vinaigrette, creamy from the chick peas, refreshing from the cucumbers, 100 percent vegan, and completely filling. I guess I have a new obsession. This is what summer meals should be: no cooking involved (the oven and stove should be turned off in June and not turned back on until late September), using your fresh garden food, easy to prepare, easy to clean up, nutritious, yummy, and vegan.

Tomatoes are getting really big on the vines, but haven’t ripened yet. A new, big pot of tiny basil seedlings are doing great in this heat. They will be our end-of-the-season basils. I’ll plant one more pot mid-August, and that will be it for basil growing. Early next month, I’m going to plant the autumn veggies. I’d like to get an early start on these. There’s no telling what the September weather will bring.

My husband is going to visit our friend River tonight. River is not doing great. I don’t want to say that the writing is on the wall, because I don’t think it is, but he’s definitely having a hard time right now. He starts chemotherapy again next week. I hate that stuff. River has lost some weight, and we aren’t seeing him out and about much. My husband will bring him and his wife some garden veggies. Fresh food is a good thing when you’re sick.

Another delivery of my favorite vegan makeup came yesterday. I am loving Etsy seller Etherealle. I bought sample sizes of all peach, ginger, and pink blush and eyeshadows. I’m feeling those summer colors lately, and this line of vegan cosmetics is 100 percent cruelty free and gentle. Love it.

Live in peace.

Popular Posts