Third-Generation Pineapple Plant


The pineapple crown that we removed from the yummy pineapple from our last pineapple plant has been rooting in water since last month. This is a young and healthy root system.

Our pineapple crown in its new home.

Last night, the pineapple crown that we removed from the yummy pineapple from our last pineapple plant, which has been rooting in water since last month, was potted up in soil. It’s a healthy, fresh, robust pineapple crown, the kind you can only get from a home-grown pineapple plant. If you’ve haven’t noticed, the pineapple crowns on supermarket pineapples are way past their prime. Nothing compares to fresh.

This is the third-generation pineapple plant to emerge from the original pineapple plant I bought at an Asian market years ago. The process is straightforward, but always a miracle to me: nurture a pineapple plant to maturity, harvest your pineapple, eat it, and plant the crown for another pineapple plant.

March is almost here. I have no idea what to expect from the weather. Today and for the next couple of days, temperatures are rising into the 60s. It’s glorious. Then they will descend again. But with March rolling in, signs of spring will start appearing. Cold or not, we’re moving closer to the sun every minute.

My husband told me this morning that last night, he dreamed that he, I, and Daisy were walking the beach, collecting shells. It made me sad. It’s hard to believe that it’s been nearly three years. I believe that once in a lifetime, you are the guardian of a dog who captures your heart completely. It was a hard road after her death. Love is an immeasurable force, the glue of life. I think about her about a thousand times a day. How I would love to hold that beautiful face in my hands again.

Live in peace.

Popular Posts