Autumn Potato Harvest


My husband gets home from work earlier than I, and he usually keeps busy until I get there. He texted me this photo (above) this afternoon.

While doing the last of the veggie garden cleanup, he dug up a nice variety of the potatoes we planted last spring – Yukon gold, russet, and red.

Potatoes really fresh from the garden taste SO much better than the supermarket spuds, and ours are pesticide and GMO-free. There’s plenty more in that soil, so I asked him to keep digging. Thank you, Mother Earth!


I make a vegan mashed potato recipe that even my meat-and-potatoes husband will eat:

4 extra-large organic Russet potatoes or 8 small organic Yukon Gold potatoes

Organic extra virgin olive oil (I use California Olive Ranch)

Sea salt

Black pepper

Soymilk or Silk Soy Creamer

Fresh garden chives, chopped fine

Boil potatoes until soft, keeping beneficial skins on. With a hand mixer, whip the potatoes with the soymilk (use more for softer mashed potatoes, less for firm mashed potatoes), olive oil, and chives. Season with salt and black pepper.

xoxoxo

Popular Posts