Peaches, Lettuce, and Kale

We have peaches! Yesterday my husband and I were putting in the last of the food plants (white eggplant and green peppers), when I took a peek at the peach trees. There were many baby peaches where the pretty pink blossoms were just a couple of weeks ago.

This is pretty amazing, considering we planted our small orchard just last year. I’m completely thrilled. I did notice a wee ant walking on the tree, so here’s hoping that the fruit is not eaten by our little visitors.

We lost a Japanese eggplant to what looked like a fungus, but everything else is doing great. Those tomatillos are still growing very slowly. We may not have them for salsa by early August. I’ll just use our heirloom tomatoes instead. We’ll have tomatillo salsa in time for the beginning of the football season, though, so it’s all good.

In the garden now, there is plenty of fresh lettuce for salads, and kale for sautéing. We already have more basil than we know what to do with; yesterday, I gave a pot to my friend Sunny. And I’m plucking fresh flat-leaf parsley for cooking and juices.


Thank you, Mother Earth!

Popular Posts