The Gardens Go Online!

The Martha Washington geranium my Mom gave me last autumn thrived all winter in a south-facing window in the house. It’s in full bloom this morning.

A quick post before the weekend begins. The Martha Washington geranium my Mom gave me last autumn (she was going to throw it in the trash!) thrived all winter in a south-facing window in the house. It’s in full bloom this morning. Other than a weekly watering, it’s been living a life of quiet solitude (other than all the amaryllis around it). It will be gorgeous outdoors this summer. A good stock geranium. I hope to keep this beauty happy and healthy for a long time.

The food gardens have gone online! Yesterday, I noticed signs of life. Chives and mints are putting in their first appearance of the season! I almost fell to the ground and hugged them. I noticed too that we didn’t pull up all the garlic last year: a few scapes are emerging. I’m cool with that. I’ll probably dig one more time for last year’s potatoes too. Can’t wait to get my fingernails dirty.

In a week, we’ll have enough chives for our first vegan potato salad of spring. Combine cooked garden potatoes, Veganaise, apple cider vinegar, fresh garden chives, and Himalayan pink salt. Add some chopped onion if you like. Quintessential summer food.

Next week, we’re going to have a day where the temps will reach 80. That’s the day I begin earthing again. Bare feet on Mother Earth. I’m so ready.

Live in peace.

Popular Posts