Energy Rising and Winter Slowing


I’ll be posting less here now that the gardens have finished for the season. We have our sweet potatoes to look forward to in November or late October, and the flower gardens are still here, but are definitely past their prime. There’s still Buddhism and Ayurveda, compassion, dreams, and love to talk about, but without the daily rhythm of the gardens, the blog and I will rest some until next season.

Winter plans include some new amaryllis bulbs. I decided to pass on germinating fruit trees all winter this year. We have our banana, mango, and citrus trees to care for, and the turmeric and ginger plants. I’ll keep you posted on those. I want to simplify our indoor gardening this season. And of course, we’ll be planning next year’s food gardens as the snow flies.

I’ll be deep into Ayurvedic studies this winter. It’s a practice that’s grabbed hold of my mind in a big way. I definitely feel energy rising. I’ll be posting about revelations, discoveries, and successes and failures. Right now, I’m loving alma (Indian gooseberry) for the hair. I’m hoping to gain some real hair length and health this winter, and returning to my natural color. Ayurveda is a fascinating practice that makes sense on so many levels.

My husband and I are also looking again at moving our little family out of Connecticut, and plan a trip this winter to explore. I've narrowed a search down to vortex towns in the U.S. where I would love to live: Asheville, N.C.; Boulder, Colo.; Aspen, Colo.; Sedona, Arizona; and some parts of Encinitas, Calif. 

If you're not familiar with the term 'vortex', check it out. Also called 'acupuncture spots', or Earth's 'chakra points', these towns are located on Earth's 'ley lines' and are considered the highest-energy locations on our little planet. If you've ever been to one, or to an area like Byron Bay, Australia, you know what I'm talking about. Better yet, visit one: I promise you magic.

Stay warm and safe, my fellow co-creators.

Much love,
Barbie

Popular Posts