Huevos Rancheros and Amazing Coconut Wraps!


Check out the huevos rancheros I made my husband last weekend using eggs fresh from our friend's farm. I don't eat eggs, but my husband loves them, and every weekend he hints for a Sunday breakfast omelette. He's never had huevos rancheros before, the discovery of which amazed me. He loved it!

Everything at the homestead is fabulous. We're nearing mid-February and drawing closer to spring. Football season is over, and we're already getting more physically active (football season is couch potato season). My knee is healing very nicely. I'm so grateful.

Yesterday, my husband and I went shopping for new living room furniture and ended up buying that and a gorgeous, primitive dining set. We've been using his bachelor dining set since we married, and our poor Buddy, who was incontinent at the end of his life, had peed on the couch many times and the furniture was irredeemable.

As much as we both hate to buy big-ticket items, the living room furniture had to go and it was also time for the bachelor pad stuff to take its place in history. When we saw the blue granite and rough wood dining table and chairs, our jaws dropped, we looked at each other, and without words, understood that his old table and chairs were about to find a new home.

And I discovered coconut wraps, which are awesome and have changed my life. NuCo brand coconut wraps are beyond delicious and have a texture that I crave - a little chewy, and soft.


I've been filling them with homemade hummus, veggies, sprouts, chia, flax seeds, hemp seeds, and sauces. We've tried the plain and the moringa flavors. We've been incorporating more raw food into our meals. I'd like to go fully raw, but I can't imagine life without hummus. Stuff is amazing.

I have a Seeds from Italy online shopping cart full of greens seeds: all I have to do is click 'place my order' and they'll be on their way to us. I'm going to wait two weeks before I finalize the order. The weather is looking good, but nights are still freezing, and I don't want these seeds to be spoiled in transit.

Today is February 12. Beneath the soil, root and rhizomes are stirring. Days are getting longer. The trees feel the change. Sparrows were fighting for occupancy of the outdoor birdhouse over the weekend. In the most subtle of ways, it's all happening. We're getting there, beautiful people. Just a little way more to go.

Barbie xo


Popular Posts