Summer Dreams, Krishnamurti, and Love Consciousness


Todd and I have been listening to the teachings of philosopher and guru Jiddu Krishnamurti. His teachings on the essence of love are so powerful that they can change the trajectory of a mind. But if I try to abridge his wisdom on love here, I’ll only dishonor it. Find some of Krishnamurti’s teachings and hear for yourself.

We have greens seeds coming in from our Italian supplier. In about a month, they’ll be sown in the garden under the plastic tunnels that will help keep them warm as they germinate. Two months from now, we’ll have young greens and microgreens for salads, sprouts, sandwiches, and smoothies. Three months from now, we’ll be bushwhacking through loaded beds of greens and giving them away to family and friends.

I’m longing for summer now. This is when the craving starts. The interminable wait begins. As much as we’re drawing nearer to spring, New England typically packs a last winter punch in March and even April. 

But my spirit is already walking barefoot on the warm earth. I can already hear the song of peepers and crickets and sparrows. Sun tea is already brewing. My husband and I are already on the boat, the sun warming our bare arms and legs. But none of that is here just yet. Time.

We’ve been staying busy all winter, even with my injured knee (that was getting better before relapsing a bit again this month). My husband has been busy nesting around the house: he singlehandedly chose and bought carpet for the first floor, furniture for the living and dining rooms, and slate flooring for our eating area.

My Ayurveda studies are going forward. Much has changed in my diet and hygiene practices. I’ve been incorporating elements of Jainism and some of the wisdom of Ubud. A friend gave me my first mehndi earlier this month, and I’m hooked on this beautiful, temporary henna body art. I’ve devoured pretty much everything Joan Didion ever wrote.

I’ve been growing and shifting spiritually and discovering new things about spirit and myself. In the course of spiritual and moral evolution, our marriage has been growing stronger and happier, if that was even possible. Gratitude and peace fill my days. Everything is beautiful and good. It’s been a winter of love and meaningful encounters.

Soon, we’ll turn the soil and start the season. Just beneath this soil, perennial and evergreen roots and rhizomes are stirring. They and Mother Earth both know what’s about to happen.

Barbie xo

Popular Posts