No mud, no lotus
Malabar spinach is a rich source of vitamins and minerals. It is more nutritious than conventional (English) spinach. For example, 100 grams of Malabar spinach offers:
• 8000 IU vitamin A which is 267% of the RDA.
• 102 mg vitamin C which is 102% of the RDA.
• 140 mg vitamin B6 (folate) which is 35% of the RDA.
• 100 g manganese, 32% of the RDA.
• 1.2 mg iron which is 15% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA)
• 100 g potassium, 11% of the RDA.
• Calcium, magnesium, copper, beta carotene, antioxidants, phytonutrients, and many more.
Here at Hippocrates Health Institute we grow Malabar Spinach in the Organic Garden for the benefit of our guests.