Recipe: Insane Vegan Buffalo ‘Wings’


I’m going to take this opportunity to brag on myself, because I think I’ve perfected homemade vegan cauliflower Buffalo ‘wings’. Here’s a photo of last night’s batch, served with celery sticks and creamy vegan ranch dressing.

I like spicy food when it cremates my colon, so I make them extra-extra hot. But Texas Pete among others makes an extra mild wing sauce for those who don’t like excessive heat.

Here’s the easy recipe: heat your oven to 350 degrees; wash, then chop a head of cauliflower into large bite-sized pieces; combine equal parts of panko bread crumbs with flour, and add a dash of pink salt; dredge the cauliflower in the bread crumb/flour mixture, and shake to remove excess; place on a lightly oiled baking sheet, and bake until just softened; remove from oven, let cool a minute or so, then toss in a large bowl with your wing sauce until coated. Serve with celery sticks and vegan ranch or bleu ‘cheese’ dressing.

If you like Buffalo chicken wings but are thinking of eating more compassionately, try this recipe. You won’t regret it. I’m addicted to these yummy vegan snacks, and you will be too.

Barbie xo

Popular Posts