Namaskar Spring!


Our Poquino banana tree sprouted a keiki that was about an inch tall a month ago: today, it’s nearly as big as the parent plant.

I caved and bought an African violet. It’s the classic warm purple that I love.

Magnesium oil sourced from the Zechstein seabed, applied to the skin daily, has many reported health benefits. I’ve decided to give it a try.

It’s March 20 and officially spring, and although there’s more than a foot of snow outside, we’re psyched to usher in the season. Tonight, we’ll place candles in the snow and light them, a fire and ice celebration of the return on the sun and the vitality of summer. I’ve been waiting for this day for what seems like forever.

Our Poquino banana tree sprouted a keiki that was about an inch tall a month ago: today, it’s nearly as big as the parent plant. I’ve never seen anything grow like this. Bananas are fast growers for sure, but this is otherworldy. I didn’t want to disturb the roots, but yesterday I had to place both in a larger pot. Sure enough, they were root bound. I’m not sure if it’s the water-soluble magnesium I’ve been feeding them, but whatever it is, I wish I could patent it.

I’d sworn off African violets until I saw one this weekend that changed my mind. I love the classic warm purple violet, and this one is spot on. I can’t keep a violet alive, and sending them to the compost bin was getting depressing, so I decided a while back to stop trying. But then I saw this pretty thing. So much for self-control.

I’ve heard lots of good things over the years about magnesium oil. This weekend, I was at Foodworks, and saw a bottle of magnesium oil sourced from the Zechstein seabed, reported to be the best of the best. I have no idea if I’m magnesium deficient, but for just $12, I decided to give it a try. Magnesium ingested orally can produce some unpleasant side effects, but oil proponents say that skin absorption sidelines all that. Spray the magnesium oil on the skin and massage it in once a day.

I was telling a friend this weekend about raw B12 and how it’s boosted my metabolism. It’s not often that I find a supplement that works in a way that can’t be disputed, but raw B12 has done that.

Look outside this morning and you’ll see snow, but you’ll also see water running out of gutters, and hear birds singing. The trees are bare, but the days are longer. The sky is a clear blue. We’re at this weird place in the year where spring is trying to edge its way in, but winter is reluctant to let go. In a few weeks, spring will start winning the battle. We’ll start moving our lives back outside and sowing the seeds for our greens beds. Hang on a little while longer.

Live in peace.

Popular Posts