Hair and Scalp Detox Success, Yucca Tree, and a Pyramid Mishap

Our Yucca tree is doing great this winter

Our pyramid, before Lily had at it

I tried the DIY bentonite/vinegar/aloe hair detox on myself and my husband this weekend, and we both report great success. 

He was wary and expressed fear that his hair would fall out! Turned out he loved the deep clean, the tingly scalp, and his soft, shiny hair. I admit too that putting bentonite clay on my scalp and hair had me a bit worried. 

But no: as the clay dries, the soothing essential oils sink in, the apple cider vinegar reaches into the scalp pores and the aloe juice coats the hair, it all comes together. I’ll be doing this once a week. Here’s the recipe:

For each person:

½ cup bentonite clay (I use Aztec brand)
½ cup apple cider vinegar (I use Braggs)
½ cup aloe vera juice (I use Lily of the Desert brand)
Few drops of essential oil (I used rosemary, tea tree, and peppermint, all Eden’s Garden brand)

Blend ingredients well, section hair, and using a hair color brush, apply to scalp. Use your fingertips to massage it into your scalp. Then, rub it into your hair. Cover your hair with a plastic cap, and wait for 30 minutes to an hour. Rinse well, adding some more apple cider vinegar to the rinse water, and shampoo well. Follow with conditioner if you normally use it.

I did indoor plant maneuvers this weekend. A sad little cactus went into the compost pile. The BIG red geranium, which is probably about 5 or 6 years old now, got a clean-up – dead, dried leaves plucked off, green leaves cleaned, plant trimmed, and a deep watering. But the yucca tree made me happy. It’s going great indoors this winter. I just love this tree; it thrives outdoors in summer, but it can get sketchy in winter. It’s doing just great in the sunny window. See photo above.

Lily, our hyper goldendoodle, was playing in the living room, and knocked our copper grounding Giza pyramid and all the chakra stones off their table at the window. Amazingly, the pyramid was untouched, and just one chakra stone – the green heart chakra – was chipped. She was so sweet. I instinctively yelped the moment it happened, and she ran to daddy and put her head in his lap. She was sorry for what she’d done (she was probably scared too). How can you get mad at a face like that? The table has been moved to a quiet corner, near the bookcase. It should be safe there (see photo, taken before the crash).

Today is February 1. It was nearly 60 degrees outside yesterday, and today is the same. I'm wearing a tank top. This is my kind of winter. It’s time to take the hyacinths out of the fridge and pot them up for indoor forcing. I’ll water force some too. In a few weeks, the tulips will come out of the fridge, and they’ll be forced indoors in big pots. So pretty.

47 days until spring.

Dhyana

Popular Posts