Purple Orchids and Purple Smoothies


 

Feeling a little under the weather this weekend. But my amazing husband made me feel good when I wasn’t feeling good. He ran a few morning errands, and came home with this absolutely gorgeous purple orchid. How lucky am I? Very lucky.
Following in the footsteps of a lot of raw foodies getting ready for summer, I’ve been on a high carb, low fat, raw vegan diet since last week. Just want to see how it goes. I’ve been missing hot oatmeal, but that’s about it. I think I’ve had about 40 bananas in three days. My one cheat: hot chaga in the morning. Gotta have the chaga.

Add some fresh blackberries to bananas and spring water (and a couple of pineapple juice cubes), and I have smoothies that are yummy and amethyst-pretty. A plus: the Himalayan pine pollen that I got from #nyishar. It makes a refreshing, heathful addition to a smoothie.
“You’re drinking pollen now?” my husband asks. And he rolls his eyes. LOL.
It’s a purple kind of weekend. So grateful.

 
Live Pono

 

Popular Posts